Avon Ergonomic Eyelash Curler Recall
Avon has issued an immediate recall for 519,795 Ergonomic Eyelash Curlers following more than a dozen injury reports.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is advising consumers to stop using the Ergonomic Eyelash Curler because when the eyelash curler breaks a metal pin is exposed, which can poke the eye.
Injuries Linked to Recalled Avon Eyelash Curlers
- 24 reports of broken products.
- 13 injuries reported; 3 injuries required medical attention.
Avon Eyelash Curler Recall Information
Information below provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- Recalled units were sold from January 2007 through April 2014 for $5 by independent Avon sales representatives and online at www.avon.com.
- The Avon Ergonomic Eyelash Curler is silver with black ergonomic finger grips and features the engraved word Avon in the silver upper lash curling bar.
- The model number F3093441 is located on the product’s box.
- The product is reported to break easily, which exposes a metal pin that may cause injury to consumers.
- Consumers should return the product to Avon to either receive a refund or a Mega Effects Mascara product in exchange.