Baby Bathers Recalled- Infant Injuries Reported
Summer Infant Inc. of Woonsocket, R. I. is recalling Mother’s Touch/Deluxe Baby Bathers after the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Summer Infant received seven reports of injuries related to the infant bathers.
Due to a product defect, the folding wire can suddenly disengage from the side hinge, causing the baby falling out of the bather. The incidents reportedly occurred when the bather was lifted and/or carried.
7 Infant Injuries Reported
Information below provided by the CPSC:
- There have been seven child injuries reported in connection with the recalled product.
- Five reports involved infants suffering head injuries from falls from the bathers.
- Four children between two weeks and two months old received skull fractures, including one that required intensive care for bleeding on the brain.
- The fifth child received a bump to the head requiring emergency room treatment.
Baby Bathers Recall Information
- According to the CPSC, this recall involves Summer Infant baby bathers with a small, nearly square blue or pink plastic base measuring about 13 inches long by 12 inches wide.
- Customers can look on the CPSC website to see all the model numbers affected by the recall, model numbers are located either on the side of the baby bather near the warning label or on the front near the wash instructions (some units have multiple model numbers).
- The bathers were sold in mass merchandise stores nationwide and on the web from September 2004 through November 2011 for between $15 and $30.
- To fix the problem with the bathers, consumers should immediately stop using the bathers and contact Summer Infant for a free repair kit that includes a locking strap and instructions. (Note: Even with the new locking strap installed, the baby bather product should never be used to lift and carry an infant)
- For information about obtaining a repair kit, contact Summer Infant at (800) 426-8627 Monday through Friday or visit their website at www.summerinfant.com/batherrepairkit. Do not return to stores, as the retailers will not have the repair kit.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57