Baby Chair Recall – Fall Hazard
Safety 1st and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a voluntary recall of the company’s Wood Décor Highchairs due to children being able to remove the chair’s front tray, which poses a fall hazard.
About the Highchair Recall
According to the CPSC, Safety 1st has received multiple reports of incidents in which children have been able to remove the front tray of the chair. The company states that this occurs when the tray lock fails to fully engage. The child can then fall from the chair and sustain serious injury.
Description of Recalled Ventilators
- The recall affects about 35,000 units of three Safety 1st Wood Décor Highchair models.
- Model numbers and colors are C144BZF (Casablanca), HC229CZF (Gentle Lace), and HC229CYG (Black Lace). The model numbers are printed under the highchair’s seat. Additionally, the tray has ‘Safety 1st’ printed on the center of the detachable tray.
- All manufacture dates are affected; the models were imported from China by the Dorel Juvenile Group. Products were sold nationally from May 2013 to May 2015 at Babies R Us and Toys R Us, and could also be purchased from major online retailers such as Amazon.com and Walmart.com.
- Products sold for about $120.
- Safety 1st has received over 60 reports of children removing the chair’s tray.
- 11 of these reports have resulted in injury to the child.
- Injuries include cuts, bruises, and chipped teeth.
The CPSC recommends that consumers cease using the affected products immediately and contact the company for a replacement tray.
Safety 1st has stated that Dorel Juvenile will contacting all registered owners of the products with instructions on how to obtain a repair kit.
Consumers who have not registered with Dorel Juvenile or who wish to obtain further information regarding the recall may contact Safety 1st at 1-877-717-7823 or email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57