Baby Jogger Stroller Car Seat Adaptors Recalled – Potential Child Injury
Baby Jogger recently recalled 30,200 units of the Car Seat adaptors for strollers due to a potential fall hazard caused by the failure of support bars.
About the Stroller Car Seat Adaptor Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there were 47 reports of the support bars for the car seat adaptors failing, causing car seats to fall to the floor.
There were two reported cases of infants becoming injured with bruises to the head and toes as a result of the adaptor failure.
Consumers should immediately stop using the car seat adaptors and contact Baby Jogger toll-free at (877) 506-2213 from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday, online at www.babyjogger.com and click on the Recall Information tab at the bottom of the page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Recalled Car Seat Adaptors
The three models suject to recall are:
- Car Seat Adaptor for Single Strollers with model number “BJ90121”
- Car Seat Adaptor for Double Stroller with model number “BJ90221”
- Car Seat Adaptor for Select/Versa Strollers with model number “BJ90321”
- All model numbers are located on the lower right hand corner of the original package, and the manufacturing date is located on a sticker on the bottom of the package.
- The adaptors are made of two U-shaped, black aluminum support bars and two black plastic adaptors, allowing the support bars to attach to the stroller units. The support bars are labeled “A” and “B.” The “A” support bar is larger than the “B” support bar and has a red plastic tip with 10 holes. The stroller and the adaptor are secured onto the car seat through black nylon straps.
- The single adaptor was sold at $60 and the double adaptor was sold at $100.
The products were manufactured in China by Baby Jogger from April 1, 2012 to September 20, 2012.
- 20,700 units were sold in the United States.
- 6,500 units were sold in Canada.
- The products were sold at Buy Buy Baby, other juvenile product stores nationwide, at albeebaby.com, amazon.com, buybuybaby.com, diapers.com, and other online retailers.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.