Bagged Salads Recalled- Listeria
On May 22, 2012 Pacific Coast Fruit Company issued a voluntary recall on processed bagged salads due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The salads were recalled at the retail and restaurant level.
About the Bagged Salad Recall
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Pacific Coast Fruit Company issued this recall because their retail and food service processed bagged salads may contain ingredients involved in the recent River Ranch bagged salad recall.
The FDA recommends that consumers who have purchased one of these bagged salads do not consume them and return them to the store where they were purchased.
What is Listeria?
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause weakened immune systems and serious to sometimes fatal infections in young children, and elderly people. Short-term symptoms of contamination can include: high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Listeria monocytogenes infections can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Bagged Salads Included in Recall
- Chef on the Run Garden Salad (9.6 oz) with UPC Code 20728 71136 and Use by Dates of May 17 to May 25
- Mio Fratello Garden Salad (9.6 oz) with UPC Code 20728 71164 and Use by Dates of May 17 to May 25
- Mio Fratello Deluxe Salad w Ranch Dressing (10oz) with UPC Code 20728 71600 and Use by Dates of May 16 to May 26
- Mio Fratello Deluxe Salad w Ranch Dressing (10oz) with UPC Code 20728 71601 and Use by dates of May 16 to May 26
- Mio Fratello Deluxe Salad w Balsamic Dressing (10oz) with UPC Code 20728 71602 and Use by Dates of May 16 to May 26
- Mio Fratello Deluxe Salad w 1000 Island Dressing (10oz) with UPC Code 20728 71603 and Use by Dates of May 16 to May 26
- Pacific Coast Fruit VA Foodservice Salads Kits were also recalled from restaurants. Salad kit recall information can be obtained from the recall notice.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57