Bednest Recalls Bedside Infant Sleepers Due to Fall Hazard
About the Bedside Sleepers Recall
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bedside sleepers while the sides are in the fully open position due to a fall hazard to babies.
Bednest is providing a free repair kit that will permanently lock the side rail into place. The firm is currently contacting all known consumers directly, with all of the repair kits estimated to be sent out by June 15, 2016.
Description of Recalled Bedside Sleepers
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The recall involves all Bednest bedside infant sleepers manufactured after July of 2014.
- The manufacture date is stamped underneath of the base of the bedside sleepers.
- The bedside sleeper has beech wood ends with white fabric sides over metal frames on a beech wood height-adjustable stand.
- The bedside sleeper measures about 34 inches long by 18.5 inches wide.
- There are sewn-in Bednest labels on the fabric side panel and on the upper surface of the mattress.
- The Bednest Bedside Sleepers were sold exclusively online at www.Bednest.com from March 2010 through December 2015 for between $400 and $500 if bought or between $170 and $200 if rented.
- The Bednest was exclusively manufactured by Bednest Ltd. of the UK in Romania.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57