Big Lots Recalls Ottomans – Injury Hazard
Big Lots has issued an immediate recall for 14,000 Cayman Resin Wicker Ottomans due to 19 reports of collapsing ottomans.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is advising consumers to stop using the recalled ottomans because consumers have been falling through the center of the chairs.
Incidents Linked to Recalled Ottomans
- 19 reports of collapsing ottomans.
- 6 minor injury reports: back strain, scratches, bruises and contusions.
Big Lots Ottoman Recall Information
Information below provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- Sold at Big Lots stores nationwide from February 2014 through March 2014 for about $320 per set.
- The recalled units are Wilson and Fisher brand ottomans with dark brown resin wicker and cream-colored cushions. They are part of a six-piece Cayman Resin Wicker seating set consisting of two ottomans, two chairs, a sofa and a table.
- The recalled sets will have item number DA13-015-6S-2CO and SKU 810140754, which can be found in the instructions that accompany the sets.
- The center of the ottoman can collapse during normal use, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ottomans and return them to any Big Lots store for a $50 refund each. Customers will be allowed to keep the remaining pieces in the sets.