1 Dead, 2 Injured in Oakville Accident
About the Fatal Oakville Accident
According to KRIS-TV, a tire blowout is being blamed for the incident.
Reports indicate two females and a male were traveling southbound on Interstate 37 in an SUV when the driver lost control, causing the vehicle to flip several times.
One of the women was killed in the crash while the other two occupants were injured. Their names have not been released, but KRIS reports the three were all from Bishop, Texas.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
- The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) recorded 3,377 traffic-related fatalities in 2013 – a 1.05-percent decrease from the 3,413 deaths recorded in 2012.
- Single vehicle crashes were responsible for 1,333 deaths in 2013.
- Another 232,041 people were injured in auto accidents in 2013, with 89,270 people suffering serious injuries.
- Based on available crash data for 2013, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in an auto accident every 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 16 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds