2 Dead, 2 Injured in San Antonio Rollover Accident
Two people were killed and two others were injured Saturday morning as a result of a single-vehicle rollover accident on Highway 181 in San Antonio. Police suspected drugs may have been a factor in the crash.
About the Fatal San Antonio Car Accident
According to reports, police responded to the scene of an accident on U.S. Highway 181 Saturday morning around 10 a.m. Police said a 2003 Ford Expedition was traveling northbound when its driver lost control and rolled over several times.
Two people were ejected from the SUV and died at the scene including the 36-year-old driver Nicky De La Fuente. The second decedent has not been identified. The driver, 38-year-old Joseph Anthony Robles, and another passenger were injured in the crash.
Robles has been charged with two counts of intoxication manslaughter and one count of intoxication assault. According to an affidavit, investigators believe Robles was under the influence of “some sort of narcotic.”
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced Corpus Christi car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.