Details of the Texas Trucking Accident
According to NBC-DFW, the fatal crash occurred Tuesday afternoon when a pickup truck collided with a tractor-trailer along Interstate 20. Both of the vehicles caught fire following the crash.
All three occupants of the pickup were killed in the crash. They have been identified as Benjamin Welch, 77, Linda Welch, 72, and Alice Little, 49, all of Cameron Parish, Louisiana.
The crash remains under investigation, and investigators are working to determine the cause of the daily crash. Police said a second tractor-trailer were involved in the crash but only sustained minor damage.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents resulted in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.