3 Hospitalized After Corpus Christi Car Accident
Police Say Driver Ran a Red Light, Causing the Accident
According to KIII-TV, preliminary reports suggest the crash was caused by a driver that ran a red light.
Police noted that drivers should be more aware of their surroundings and take their time while driver with all of the extra holiday traffic. CCPD Lt. Robert Nunez noted that as of the middle of December, police have received 9,186 accident reports.
The three individuals that were hospitalized are expected to be okay. The details of their injuries were not immediately available.
Corpus Christi Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
- 8,896 traffic accidents were recorded in Corpus Christi in 2017. These crashes resulted in 37 deaths and 1,001 injuries.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.