9-Year-Old Boy in Golf Cart Accident Shows Movement
Almost four months after 9-year-old Luke was critically injured in a golf cart accident in Lubbock, the young boy is showing improvement.
Details of the Child’s Recovery
According to KCBD, after 11 procedures and 13 different medications, Luke is able finally working with therapists to better recover.
The young boy will have to undergo physical and occupational therapy for six days a week. So far, he is able to speak and has also demonstrated movement in his right hand, head, and toes.
For updated information and to help fund his recovery, please visit the family’s GoFundMe page here.
Golf Cart Injury Statistics
- According to the New York Times, a study by the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that injuries related to golf carts increased by 132 percent between 1990 and 2006.
- The number of people injured in golf cart-related accident during this time approached 150,000.
- Injured individuals varied in age from 2 months to 96 years.
- Roughly 70-percent of the injuries occurred at sports and recreational facilities.
- Nearly one-third of the recorded injuries involved children.