According to NBC New York, there was a three-car crash on Long Island which killed one person and hurt another.
Details of the Long Island Three-Car Crash
Authorities report that the incident occurred on a Thursday morning beside Middle Country Road and North Bicycle. It looked like a head-on-collision occurred between a pickup truck and a car. The collision led to a complete obliteration of the car. At some point, it involved another car.
By police reports, the third driver did not get hurt.
Causes of Truck and Cars Collision
- Failure of vehicles
- Bad road conditions
- A truck cutting a car off the road
- Loss of control over the wheel
Truck Accident Statistics
By Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports;
- About 3,852 people have died in crashes involving trucks
- Pickup trucks are likely to kill car drivers at 159%
- Among the deaths in 2014, pickup and big trucks accounted for 3660 deaths
Avoiding a Head-Collision
The following tips are necessary if you must avoid a head-on collision:
- Whenever you sight a vehicle coming at your direction, slow down and be prepared to move out of the lane or slow down if the driver does not move to the right lane
- Try honking your horn or flashing your headlights. This would likely alert the oncoming tired or distracted driver about your presence.
- Never curve to the left. Always swerve to the right. You should avoid the possibility of going off the road, if possible.
- If you are driving at highway speeds, we recommend that you go off the road rather than having a head-on collision with another vehicle.
- Rather than having a direct hit with another vehicle, try sideswiping it.
- When passing another lane to pass another vehicle, be extra careful. Ensure that you can safely pass before the oncoming traffic occurs.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.