2 Dead in Bluntzer Accident
Details of the Bluntzer Crash
KIII-TV reports that Teresa Moody, 27, and Faye Moser, 63, were killed around 8:30 pm Monday after their SUV was stuck head-on by pickup truck.
Preliminary reports indicate the accident occurred when the truck veered across the median and into the opposing lane of traffic. The collision caused the truck to roll over and the SUV to catch fire.
A third person was transported to the hospital for treatment. The location of the collision was included in news reports.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,337 traffic related fatalities were recorded in Texas in 2013. This marked a 1.05-percent decrease from the 3,413 deaths recorded in 2012.
- 1,883 deaths were linked to accidents that occurred in rural areas and 523 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- Another 232,041 people were injured in auto accidents in 2013 and 89,270 people suffered serious injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2013, TxDOt estimates:
- One person was killed in an auto accident in Texas every 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 16 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds.