Contigo has recalled over 5 million of their Kids Water Bottles due to reports of spouts detaching and posing a choking hazard to children.
About the Contigo Water Bottle Recall
This recall involves 5.7 million Contigo Kids Cleanable Water Bottles sold in the United States, Canada, and Mexico between the dates of April 2018 and June 2019.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the water bottle’s clear silicone spout can detach, posing a threat to children who may choke on the loose piece. So far, 149 reports of spouts detaching have been made to Contigo, including 18 spouts discovered in children’s mouths.
Description of the Recalled Contigo Water Bottles
Information provided by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- Only black color spout case and spout cover models are included in this recall.
- Contigo is printed on the rim and along the front near the bottom of the bottle.
- The water bottles come in three sizes (13 ounce, 14 ounce and 20 ounce) and four bottle colors (solid color, graphics, stainless steel and stainless steel solid colors).
- The water bottles were sold individually as well as in two-packs and three-packs.
- The water bottles were sold at Costco, Walmart, Target and other stores nationwide and online on various websites from April 2018 through June 2019 for between $9 and $24.
Remedy for the Recalled Contigo Water Bottles
Consumers are asked to stop using the bottles and to keep them away from the reach of children. They are also encouraged to contact Contigo for inspection instructions and a free replacement lid.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
If your child was injured by a defective, unsafe, or dangerous toy, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced child injury lawyers have handled a multitude of injury cases involving recalled products that have caused serious physical harm to children. Toy companies and manufacturers can be held liable if their dangerous products inflict damage upon children. Let our team of attorneys help you and your child obtain the compensation you deserve to cover medical costs, pain and suffering, and more. Call us today for a free case review — available 24/7, nights and weekends.