52 Arrested for Felony Drunk Driving in Bexar County Last Month
108 People Arrested on Intoxication Charges Since the New Year
According to the San Antonio Express News, the latest numbers show a jump from February 2017 when 44 people were booked on felony drunk driving charges. In total, with only two months on record for 2018, an astonishing 108 people have been arrested on charges involving driving while intoxicated and intoxication assault.
The numbers of this February break down as follows:
- 2 arrests for intoxication assault – 3rd Degree Felony
- 10 arrests for driving while intoxicated with a child passenger under 15 – State Jail Felony
- 40 arrests for driving while intoxicated (third or more) – 3rd Degree Felony
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced Corpus Christi car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.