A bicyclist was struck and killed by a driver at a North Side San Antonio intersection Wednesday evening.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Bicycle Accident
According to the San Antonio Express-News, the fatal collision occurred at around 7:30 pm at the intersection of Blanco Road and Dresden Drive.
Reports indicate the bicyclist was turning left from southbound Blanco Road onto Dresden Drive when he road off the sidewalk and into a lane that a Chevrolet Silverado was driving in. the bicyclist was struck and pinned between the pickup and a utility pole.
The driver of the Silverado waited for first responders, but the bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Silverado was not intoxicated at the time of the accident according to police.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Involved in a Bicycle Accident
Your actions immediately following a bicycle accident are important. In the case of any motor vehicle accident, it is paramount that evidence is preserved and an experienced bicycle accident lawyer is contacted. If you have been in a bicycle accident, follow these five steps.
- File a police report. Even if you do not think you are injured at the time of the accident, you may feel the effects hours or days later.
- Obtain driver and witness contact information. Be sure to get this information even if police have already included it in their report.
- Document what happened. Take pictures at the scene. As soon as possible after the accident, write down everything you can remember about what happened.
- Preserve evidence. Don’t get your bike fixed or replace your helmet.
- Decide how to proceed.If you decide to hire a bicycle accident attorney, do not talk to any insurance company until you have spoken with your attorney.
Contact an Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident involving a motor vehicle, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced automobile and bicycle injury lawyers have handled a multitude of accident cases and have achieved record-breaking, real results for injured clients. We ensure that you are in the best position possible to achieve the maximum amount of compensation for your case. You can recover compensation for medical expenses, your pain and suffering, and lost wages form missing work. Our injury attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. Contact us today for a free case review.