Blowout Suspected in Fatal Live Oak Crash
Police Investigate Rollover Accident
Authorities indicated that the vehicle was traveling southbound along Interstate 37 in Live Oak County when a tire blew out around 2:30 pm, causing the SUV to roll several times.
The two children and one passenger were ejected from the vehicle. Two other occupants remained in the overturned SUV.
The surviving ejected passenger was taken to a nearby hospital while the other occupants who remained in the vehicle suffered only minor injuries. None of the occupants were wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics – 2013
Following information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,377 people died in traffic crashes along Texas roadways in 2013.
- An additional 232,041 people were injured with 89,270 people sustaining serious injuries.
- 55.76 of the states traffic fatalities occurred in rural areas.
- Using available data, TxDOT was able to determine:
- One person was killed every 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- One person was injured ever 2 minutes and 16 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds.