Car Accident Leaves 1 Dead in Bexar County
About the San Antonio Accident:
The golden sedan was sitting on Interstate 35 after striking a cable in the median of the southbound lanes around 3 a.m., near Kinney Road.
An 18-wheeler carrying tiles or shingles hit the golden sedan as well. The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured.
The driver of the golden sedan exited his car and ran away after the accident and even with the helicopter search, he was not found until four hours later in a plant nursery.
It is still not clear whether the driver of the golden sedan will be charged with anything.
Car Crash Statistics
The following information is from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,377 people died in traffic collisions along Texas roadways in 2013.
- An addtional 232,041 people were injured in auto accident in Texas with 89,270 people sustaining serious injuries.
- Based upon reportable crashes in 2013:
- One person was killed every 2 hours and 36 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 hours and 26 seconds.
- One reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds.