By police reports, over 50 vehicles were encountered a weather-related crash on the 6th Avenue in west Denver.
About the Massive 50-vehicle Road Crash
According to reports, there were over 50 vehicles involved in a weather-caused crash which occurred in West Denver. The accident happened along eastbound 6th Avenue close to southbound I-25.
Reportedly, injuries were sustained from the pileup crash; however, according to Denver Police, none of these accidents are life-threatening.
Statistics of Weather-Related Accidents
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the following are mind-boggling statistics about weather-related accidents:
- Between 2007 and 2016, there were over 1,235,145 weather-related crashes
- Over 5,376 persons have been killed in weather-related accidents.
- Between 2007 and 2016, over 418,005 persons have sustained injuries from weather-related crashes.
- Rain-related accidents accounted for the death of 2,473 persons
- Snow-related accidents accounted for 4% vehicle crashes
- Between 2007 and 2016, snow-related accidents has caused the death of over 688 persons
- Icy pavements have caused the death of 521 persons
- Between a ten-year period, icy pavements has led to 156,164 crashes.
Avoiding Weather-Related Crashes
- Before you start driving:
- Ensure your tires are adequately inflated.
- Make sure the parts of your vehicles are carefully maintained. For instance, replace your worn-out tires and keep changing your oil.
- While you’re driving:
- When driving on a snowy, icy or slippery road, make you stay on the road and give yourself enough space to snow down
- Add weight to your vehicle
- Pay strict attention to the other vehicles in the vehicle.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.