Driver Pleads Guilty in Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
Facts of the Fatal Crash and Aftermath
- The San Antonio Express-News reports Tony Morin, 45, and Keith Hernandez, 22, were carpooling on their way to work in the early hours of the morning on Mother’s Day in 2011.
- Rosenbusch was driving the wrong way on the same highway Morin and Hernandez were traveling; he had a blood alcohol content of 0.26.
- Rosenbusch collided with Morin and Hernandez’s vehicle head-on, instantly killing them.
- Rosenbusch has been pleaded guilty of two counts of intoxication manslaughter, a second-degree felony; he could face anywhere from 2 – 20 years in prison for each count.
Changes in DWI Offenses
- According to the Bexar County Criminal District Attorney’s website, in 2011-2012, there were 6,987 total arrests for DWI offenses; that number went up to 7,649 arrests from 2012-2013.
- According to the same source, in 2011-2012, there were 13 intoxication manslaughters; that had slightly increased to 15 from 2012-2013.
- From 2011-2012 there were 5,323 DWI first offenses, which include a DWI blood alcohol content of 0.15 or greater; from 2012-2013 that number was 5,637.
Contact an Experienced DUI/DWI Accident Attorney
If you suspect you have been injured because of a drunk driver, contact an attorney with the experience and aggressiveness to handle your case. Contact Thomas J. Henry. We will ensure that you get the full monetary compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.