Fiery Accident Leaves Man Dead in Sharonville, Ohio
Police in Sharonville, Ohio have identified the truck driver who died in a fiery collision Tuesday. The man, identified as Kevin Roberts, 54, was the sole victim in the crash, according to WCPO Cincannati.
About The Deadly Accident
WCPO reports that on Tuesday, July 1 a Roberts died after his vehicle crashed into a highway median and became engulfed in flames. The accident happened on eastbound I-275 in Sharonville. According to the Sharonville Police, Roberts was driving a 2007 Sterling dump truck when he swerved and struck the median. The impact caused the truck to overturn near the Reed Hartman Highway exit. At the time of the crash, Roberts, the owner of the vehicle, was transporting gravel. Cleanup crews had to remove the gravel, which had spilled onto both lanes of the highway.
Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics in the U.S.
The following statistics are provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 33,561 people died from motor vehicle accidents in 2012, increasing 3.3% from 2011 to 2012.
- Injury rates due to car accidents increased 6.7% from 2011 to 2012.
- Accidents due to alcohol influence account for 31% of total motor vehicle fatalities.
- From 2011 to 2012 there was a 3.7% increase in car accidents involving large trucks.
- Males have accounted for 70% of motor vehicle accidents for several years.
- In 2012, 14.13% of motor vehicle fatalities involved pedestrians.
- Motor vehicle fatalities in intersections increased by 5.4% from 2011 to 2012, being the biggest increased among any other crash location.