Magnolia Woman Killed in Trucking Accident
Authorities are investigating a fatal accident that a Magnolia woman dead Sunday night.
Information About the Fatal Magnolia Accident
According to the San Antonio Express-News, she was heading northbound on FM 2978 near Tamina Road when she crossed the center line in her Nissan sedan.
The driver of the truck was a 53-year-old man from Pasadena who was transporting crude oil. Due to the guard rails, he was unable to get out of the way of Beasley’s car, leaving the collision inevitable.
Pinned in her car, Beasley was pronounced dead on the scene, while the truck driver was not injured. 100 gallons of diesel fuel was spilled in results of the accident, in turn, a hazmat team was required for cleanup
Texas Car Accident Statistics
Information below was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,408 people were killed in auto accidents in 2013 – a .26-percent decrease from the 3,417 deaths recorded in 2012.
- 526 of the 2013 fatalities were associated with head on collisions.
- An additional 232,599 people were injured in auto accidents in 2013 with 16,807 people suffering serious injury.
- Based on reportable data for 2013, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in an auto accident in Texas every 2 hours and 34 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 16 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds