State troopers confirmed one fatality in a Tuesday morning crash near U.S 290 in Austin.
About the Fatal Austin Accident
According to the Austin American Statesman, one person is dead following a crash Tuesday morning near U.S 290 in Southwest Austin.
Medics responded to the crash at the 8000 block of Tara Lane, around 6:44 a.m. One man was rushed to the hospital with life threatening injuries, where he later died.
It is unclear who was responsible for the crash, or whether other people were injured in the crash. The westbound lanes of the highway were shut down due to the crash.
Crash Prevention Tips
- Safety begins with your car. Make sure your vehicle is completely functional, safe, and operational.
- Make sure you are able to operate your vehicle. If you are impaired in any way, such as under the influence, do not operate your vehicle.
- Practice defensive driving. Control your emotions, do not let your emotions take control of you
- Do not speed. Follow the limits posted by your county.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Put all distractions away and keep your eyes on the road.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2017.
- 761 of those deaths were associated with crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 254,853 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2017.
- On average:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 21 minutes in 2017.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 347-1200 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 901 S MoPac Expy #300, Austin, TX 78746 (walk-in Monday through Friday)