Pasadena Collision Leaves Woman Dead and Daughter Injured
A Texas woman is dead and her daughter is injured following a car crash in the Houston metropolitan area.
Woman Kills Two in Attempt to Evade Arrest
“It’s senseless for a mother to lose her life over less than $50 worth of merchandise for shoplifting.” – Vance Mitchell, spokesperson for the Pasadena Police Department as published by the Houston Chronicle
- According to the Houston Chronicle, police will pursue criminal charges against the woman responsible for a fatal car crash in Pasadena, Texas early Sunday morning.
- The woman allegedly was shoplifting from a local Wal-Mart where she stole approximately $50 in children’s toys.
- After being confronted by a security guard, the suspect got into a white pickup truck and fled the scene.
- Moments after speeding away from the Wal-Mart, the woman ran a red light and T-boned a vehicle that was traveling through the intersection.
- The collision killed Anita Benton instantly, and injured her teenage daughter.
Auto Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 33,561 people died in fatal auto accidents in 2012 – up from 32,479 in 2011.
- Texas also recorded an increase with a total of 3,399 deaths reported in 2012, compared to 3,067 in 2011.
- An additional 87,087 Texans sustained serious injuries as the result of car crashes.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices- we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.