Authorities in Warwick, R.I. have identified the man killed in a fatal motorcycle accident on Wednesday evening, according to NBC 10 news.
Details of the Warwick Motorcycle Accident
- The motorcyclist has been identified as Frank Rosa, 56 of Warwick.
- Police say Rosa was driving a yellow Suzuki motorcycle when he struck a pole and was thrown in the roadway.
- Witnesses reported seeing a blue Mustang speeding in the area just prior to the crash. Police are trying to determine if the car was involved.
Motorcycle Accident Facts
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide the following statistics about motorcycle accidents.
- Between 2001 and 2008, more than 34,000 motorcyclists were killed and another 1,222,000 motorcyclists were treated for injuries.
- The death and injury rate for motorcyclists was highest in the 20-24-year-old as group, closely followed by 25-29-year-olds.
- More than half of all nonfatal injuries are to the leg/foot (30%) or the head/neck (22%).