Three Men Killed in Encinal Texas Trucking Accident
Three South Texas men are dead following a fatal collision with a tractor-trailer along Highway 44, west of Encinal, Texas.
About the Fatal Texas Accident
- According to KRIS-TV, four men were traveling in a pickup along State Highway 44 when the vehicle collided with an 18-wheeler that had pulled to the right shoulder for repairs.
- Three of the men were pronounced dead at the scene: Ricardo Tanguma, 39, Andres Hinojosa Jr., 24, and Adrian Trevino, 32.
- The driver of the pickup, 24-year-old David Trevino Jr., was rushed to a San Antonio hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
- The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating the accident. The driver of the semi-truck was not injured.
Trucking Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, trucking accidents across the United States are on the rise:
- In 2012, there were roughly 317,000 trucking accidents recorded in the United States, claiming 3,921 lives.
- 2012 continued an upward trend in the number of deaths attributed to trucking accidents recorded over recent years, marking a 4 percent increase from 2011.
- An additional 104,000 people suffered significant injuries in these accidents – up 18 percent from 2011.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.