Police Search for Witnesses Following Cedar Park Crash that Killed 2 Children
Details of the Fatal Cedar Park Crash
According to News 4 San Antonio, the crash occurred around 3:35 pm Wednesday near the intersection of Highway 183 and West Whitestone Boulevard. Officers arrived at the scene to find a red SUV and a black pickup truck that had been involved in a collision.
Two children inside the SUV were declared dead at the scene while the female the driver of the SUV was transported to the hospital in critical condition. The two occupants of the truck sustained only minor injuries.
Police are still investigating the accident and are unsure who is at fault. It is also unclear if the occupants of the SUV were properly restrained.
Witnesses are asked to reach out to Cedar Park Police at 512-260-4834.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT):
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2016 was 1.44 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled, which is a 3.59% increase from 2015.
- 265,076 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents in 2016.
- In 2016 there were no deathless days on Texas roadways.
- 57% of the state’s traffic fatalities occurred in rural areas.
- Based on reportable crashes in Texas in 2016, 1 person was killed every 2 hours 20 minutes.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If your child has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact our offices immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.