Eleven people were injured in Chicago last week after a CTA bus collided with an SUV in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.
Details of the Chicago Bus Accident
According to reports, the crash occurred around 6:30 am Tuesday near the intersection of 41st and Ashland.
The 11 injured individuals were taken to different medical centers in the area and at least two of them are in critical condition. Of those in critical condition one was in the SUV.
The cause of the crash is still being investigated.
Chicago Accident Statistics
Chicago recorded 47,719 crashes in the first six months of 2018 alone. About 26 percent of those crashes were hit-and-runs. There are also many cases of motorists hitting pedestrians and often those accidents are hit and runs as well.
Bus Accident Statistics
- In 2014, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported approximately 11,000 bus accidents resulting in injuries.
- 22,000 people were injured in these accidents
- 281 people were killed in these accidents
- There were 109 fatalities involving a crash with a school bus in 2014 — the most of any bus type.
- 83 fatalities involving a transit bus
- 47 fatalities involving a cross-country, intercity bus
- 11 fatalities involving a van-based bus
- Of the 281 fatalities in crashes involving a bus, 44 were occupants on a bus.
- 79 pedestrians were killed in crashes involving a bus (27.8 percent of all bus-involved crash fatalities)
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or your child have been injured in a bus accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced bus accident attorneys are available to evaluate your claim 24/7, nights and weekends. Thomas J. Henry has the financial resources and the track record of winning that you need in a law firm. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.