17 Injured in Central Texas School Bus Accident
The Corpus Christi Caller Times reports that 17 students and staff were injured in an accident involving a school bus and a dump truck.
About the Central Texas School Bus Accident
- A Bruceville-Eddy Independent School District school bus was involved in a collision with a dump truck Monday afternoon (September 16, 2013) near Lorena, Texas.
- As a result of the collision, 15 students and 2 staff members were taken to the hospital.
- Police report that the bus driver had to be extricated from the vehicle, but her the severity of her conditions have not yet been released.
- The driver of the dump truck was uninjured.
- Authorities are currently working to determine the cause of the accident.
School Bus Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) continues to stress that school buses are statistically the safest form of transportation in getting students to and from school.
- School buses were involved in 1,236 fatal accidents resulting in the deaths of 1,368 people between 2001 and 2010. This averages to about 137 deaths per year.
- As such, an average of 6 child-age school bus occupants will be killed in an accident every year.
An Experienced School Bus Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to school bus accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. If your child was injured in a school bus accident, contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.