According to KHOU, 10 children were injured and taken to the hospital in Harris County, Texas on Tuesday after being involved in a three-car collision.
About the Harris County Collision
The accident occurred in northwest Harris County when a vehicle rear-ended a daycare van and then hit an SUV.
Ten children were taken to the hospital, nine of whom were in the daycare van. The remaining child was in another vehicle.
None of the children sustained life-threatening injuries. Currently, the cause of the accident is unknown as the Harris County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating.
Texas Auto Accidents From 2013
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There was a 2.78% decrease in the roadway fatality rate in Texas between 2012 and 2013.
- There were 1,883 deaths in rural traffic accidents.
- There was at least a death a day on Texas roadways.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours and 36 minutes and 1 person was injured every 2 minutes and 16 seconds.
- 232,041 people were injured in auto accidents.
- 1 crash was reported every 71 seconds.