A couple has filed a suit against the Indiana school district after their daughter was allegedly bullied by students into being suicidal.
About the Bullying Lawsuit
NBC News reports that the complaint, filed in the Southern District of Indiana, alleges that the Indiana school district did nothing to prevent students from harassing their autistic daughter who suffers with ADHD and depression.
According to the lawsuit, the couple’s now 14-year-old daughter became depressed due to the severity of the harassment she was receiving at the Franklin Community School Corp. and attempted suicide twice, in the springs of 2017 and 2018.
The parents claim that they attempted to alert the school about their daughter’s difficulties on multiple occasions, yet the school acted indifferent toward the information and failed to create a safe environment.
Warning Signs Your Child Is Being Bullied
Information taken from stopbullying.gov:
- Unexplainable injuries
- Lost or destroyed clothing, books, electronics, or jewelry
- Frequent headaches or stomach aches, feeling sick or faking illness
- Changes in eating habits, like suddenly skipping meals or binge eating. Kids may come home from school hungry because they did not eat lunch.
- Difficulty sleeping or frequent nightmares
- Declining grades, loss of interest in schoolwork, or not wanting to go to school
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of helplessness or decreased self esteem
- Self-destructive behaviors such as running away from home, harming themselves, or talking about suicide
Has Your Child Been Injured Due to Negligent or Reckless Behavior?
If your child has been injured in an accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Children are vulnerable to injury, especially when negligent individuals and property owners put their safety in jeopardy. Automobile accidents, unsafe premises, medical malpractice, and defective toys can all cause severe harm to our children.
When your child suffers from a severe injury, you need a law firm with experienced injury attorneys and the legal resources to win your case. Thomas J. Henry has experience representing clients from across the nation in various types of accidents and obtaining record-breaking, real results.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.