• San Antonio: 210-874-2615
  • Nationwide Toll Free: 866-517-5659
  • Austin: 512-520-0221
  • Corpus Christi: 361-254-7873

I Was Hit by a Drunk Driver, What Should I Do?

If you were injured in an auto accident, even one you were partly responsible for, it is important that you contact a personal injury attorney. In most cases, being partly responsible for a crash does not prevent you from seeking compensation. An experienced attorney can advise you on the best course of action and help secure your claim to damages.

In Texas, you are still allowed to sue for damages even if you are partly responsible for the crash. In crashes in which more than one driver is responsible for the collision, Texas uses a modified comparative fault standard to apportion fault and award damages. Commonly referred to as “proportionate responsibility,” the statute allows an injured person to recover damages based on the percentage of fault each party is determined to have. The more fault the plaintiff is determined to have, the less damages they will be allowed to recover.

Contact Us for a Free Case Review


Contact Form
Do you really want to end conversation?
chat-icon Live chat
avatar Waiting