• San Antonio: 210-874-2615
  • Nationwide Toll Free: 866-517-5659
  • Austin: 512-520-0221
  • Corpus Christi: 361-254-7873

What Do I Do If My Car Was Totalled in a Car Accident?

If the insurance company determine the cost of repairing your car is greater than the amount the car could have sold for at fair market value, they may designate your car a total loss. In such a situation, you have two options.

  • Accept the total loss value of your car minus any salvage value and keep the car.
  • Accept the total loss salvage value and sign the car over to the insurance company.

When turning over your car to an insurance company, you may be asked to sign a power of attorney to allow the insurance company to dispose of the vehicle.

Contact Us for a Free Case Review


Contact Form
Do you really want to end conversation?
chat-icon Live chat
avatar Waiting