Five Dead, Seven Injured in Victoria Trucking Accident
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Collision
According to MySA, the crash was initiated when a van crashed into the back of a flat trailer semi then collided with a pickup truck.
The five people who died were all in the van. This included the female driver along with two men and two children. There were also five other people in the van that sustained injury.
Both people in the pickup truck were also injured and are in the hospital.
At this time the cause of the accident is unknown.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2016:
- 11.5 million large trucks were registered in the United States
- An estimated 433,000 police-reported traffic crashes occurred involving large trucks
- 4,317 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks
- Large trucks accounted for eight percent of all vehicles involved in fatal accidents
- An estimated 116,000 people sustained injuries in crashes involving large trucks
- Of the fatalities that occurred in large truck crashes in 2015, 84 percent were occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, such as pedestrians or bicyclists
- About one out of every four fatal crashes involving a large truck occurs on an interstate highway
- States with the most fatalities in traffic crashes involving large trucks:
- Texas — 556
- California — 322
- Florida — 293
- Georgia — 179
- Illinois – 146
Injured in a Trucking Accident? Contact Thomas J. Henry
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.