Hit-And-Run Kills 69-Year-Old Man Near Medical Center, San Antonio
A hit-and-run crash near Medical Center has claimed the life of 69-year-old Floyd Van Hampton.
Information About the Hit-And-Run
According to KSAT, Van Hampton was travelling near the 2500 block of Babcock Road when a white pickup truck struck his vehicle and fled the scene. The hit-and-run occurred shortly after 11 p.m. on Sunday night.
Van Hampton suffered severe injuries and was transported to University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities Charge 29-Year-Old Man
San Antonio authorities later arrested 29-year-old Anthony Carrillo in connection to the hit-and-run.
Carrillo is charged with failure to stop and render aid.
2017 Texas Automobile Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Automobile Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.