Lake Villa Crash Kills Woman and Baby, Injures 4
Lake County Sheriff’s Office reports that a baby boy and his mother were killed in a three-car crash, which also injured four other people.
Details of the Lake Villa Three-Car Crash
In response to the crash, the deputies of the Lake County Sheriff went to the scene of the collision around 5:20 p.m.
According to ABC 7 Chicago, the deceased woman was driving a Nissan SUV northbound on Route 59 when a Ford pickup pulling a trailer tried to merge from the east side should.
The Nissan SUV struck the Ford with its front. According to police, the strike caused the Nissan vehicle to roll. Following its slide, a Hyundai minivan struck the Nissan.
The driver of the Nissan was revealed to be a woman. She had a 1-year-old boy with her in the vehicle. The police found both of them dead at the scene. However, the Police have not released their identities.
Another passenger, a 3-year-old girl, was transported to the Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge in severe condition.
Good Samaritans Rush to Save Victims
The accident occurred directly outside Ken Reynold’s auto shop. Immediately after the crash happened, he ran out to help the woman and her passengers in the Nissan.
According to Reynold’s testimony, he told her to hang on as an ambulance and emergency responders were on the way. Ken was not alone, two of his employees, Dustin David and Eric Jones, also joined in helping the victims.
The victims in the Hyundai were a man and his son, a teenager. They were transported to the Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.
Another good Samaritan, Dustin David, checked on the man and the teen and directed them not to move, assuring them that they would be fine.
The Lake County Sheriff’s Technical Crash Investigation Unit is currently investigating the crash. Technically, the investigations may take several weeks.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Car crashes can be disorienting and confusing, but there are a few important steps to take to protect your health and your potential injury claim.
- Immediately after a wreck, especially if you or someone else is injured, call 911 and ask for an ambulance.
- If a law enforcement officer arrives at the crash scene, be sure to give give as many facts about the circumstances of the crash as possible.
- It is incredibly important to file an accident report after your accident. If an officer did not respond to the wreck, call soon after to file a crash report.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, even if you do not feel immediate pain following the accident.
- Once the shock of the crash wears off, you may start to feel pain in places that you didn’t at the scene. Some injuries have hidden symptoms, so it’s important to get a check up from your primary care physician or at an urgent care medical facility.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, including your vehicle, the other party’s vehicle, your injuries, and any other environmental factors that may have played a role in the wreck.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.