Man Charged in Fatal San Antonio Drunk Driving Accident
Jesus Ruiz Sauceda has been charged with multiple accounts after causing multiple injuries and one death in San Antonio.
About the Fatal San Antonio Accident
According to the San Antonio Express-News, Sauceda drove his vehicle into a crash scene, injuring two officers who have been released along with putting two other men in critical condition. He also killed Dominica Jo Burleson who was helping at the crash site.
The crash took place on West Loop 410 near Hunnysuckle Lane Sunday morning. Now Sauceda is facing multiple charges of intoxicated assault along with a charge of intoxicated manslaughter.
Intoxicated Crash Statistics
Approximately one in three people will be involved in some kind of DUI related accident. On average about 28 people will die every day from drunk driving accidents.
Young people are more likely to be involved and car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens with one-third of those being related to drunk driving.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.