Family Awarded $5 Million in Tuft Medical Center Lawsuit
Medical Malpractice Allegation
- The family alleges that negligent care by Tuft Medical Center staff resulting in their newborn son, Edward Xu,suffering a permanent, debilitating condition.
- Their lawsuit claimed that in 2004, two doctors and a neonatal nurse practitioner failed to take proper measures after their newborn son exhibited symptoms of a potentially fatal condition that affect premature infants.
- As a result of the condition, their son, now 9, had to have sections of his intestine removed leaving the boy unable to digest food on his own.
Family Awarded $30 Million by Suffolk County Jury
- The family claimed in court that due to the negligence, their son will require continuous tube feeding overnight and daytime treatments for the rest of his life.
- Further, the family alleged emotional damages as they live in fear that their child may die should something go wrong with his feeding tube.
- TheSuffold County jury sided with the Xu family, originally awarding them $30 million; however, due to a high/low agreement previously negotiated by the plaintiffs and the defense, the amount was capped at $5.3 million.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If your child was injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.