The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has reported that the family of a 34-year-old woman will receive $10,831,115 in connection to her death at Mercy Hospital St. Louis.
About the Medical Malpractice Death
- Shannon Dodson, 34, visited Mercy Hospital St. Louis in regards to bronchitis when tests showed signs of potential heart trouble.
- While receiving a “routine catheterization,” the tip of the catheter disrupted the inner lining of an important coronary artery.
- This disruption caused the inner lining to collapse, cutting of a significant supply of blood to the heart.
- Shortly after, Dodson was pronounced dead from cardiac catheterization.
Family Sues over Shannon Dodson’s Death
- Named in the lawsuit were Dr. Robert P. Ferrera and Mercy Clinic Heart and Vascular LLC.
- The lawsuit alleged that the hospital was negligent in its administering of the catheter and did not react fast enough to save Dodson claiming that 30 minutes passed before Dodson was taken into surgery.
- After an 8 day trial, the St. Louis County jury decided 11 to 1 in favor of the plaintiffs awarding the family a verdict of $10,831,115 in compensatory damages. No punitive damages were awarded.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.