Pregnant Woman Survives Head-On Crash in San Antonio
Details of the San Antonio Crash
The accident happened at the intersection of Blanco Road and the Loop 410 access road just after 11:30 p.m. According to NEWS4SA, two SUVs collided head-on.
One of the passengers, a pregnant woman, was treated at the scene. The driver of the other vehicle was not injured. Police are still investigating who had the right of way.
Distracted Driving Statistics 2017
Information taken from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Nine percent of fatal crashes in 2017 were reported as distraction-affected crashes.
- In 2017, there were 3,166 people killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers.
- Six percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the crashes.
- Eight percent of drivers 15 to 19 years old involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted. This age group has the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted at the time of the fatal crashes.
- In 2017, there were 599 non-occupants (pedestrians, bicyclists, and others) killed in distraction-affected crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.