12 Children Injured in Fair Ride Malfunction
According to Fox News, at least 12 children and one adult have been injured after a swing ride at a Norwalk, Connecticut fair malfunctioned.
About the Fair Ride Injuries
- The victims were riding a fair ride called the Zumer.
- The Zumer is a swing-type ride that lifts riders into the air and begins to spin at high rates of speed leading to a sensation of weightlessness.
- Due to malfunction, the ride came to a sudden stop leading to occupants swing chaotically and colliding with one another.
- As a result of the malfunction, 12 children and one adult were left injured.
Investigation into the Swing Ride Malfuction
- According to the company that runs the fair, rides at the fair are inspected by operators daily, by local inspectors weekly, and by engineers and insurance inspectors once a year.
- After the malfunction, the ride operator was ordered to shut down that area of the park as state inspectors investigate the ride.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury, contact our offices. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.