Toyota Motor Corp has issued a voluntary recall for 295,000 Lexus and Toyota brand vehicles following reports of an electiricall problem that could effect the vehicles’ safety systems.
About the Toyota Motor Corp Recall
- According to the online newspaper Reuters, Toyota Motor Corp is recalling 295,000 Lexus and Toyota brand vehicles globally for electrical fault.
- The company is specifically recalling vehicles from model years 2012 and 2013.
- The recalled vehicles contain an electrical component in the brake actuator, which adjusts fluid pressure in each wheel cylinder that may experience increased resistance.
- This resistance can decrease the effectiveness of many safety systems in the car, including stability control and anti-lock brakes, increasing the risk of crashing.
- According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Toyota and Lexus dealers will update the software for the skid control electronic unit at no cost to customers.
Description of Recalled Toyota and Lexus Vehicles
The following vehicles are being recalled by Toyota Motor Corp:
- Lexus RX350 crossover vehicles (Model years 2012 and 2013)
- Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks (Model years 2012 and 2013)
- Toyota RAV4 SUVs (Model year 2012)
The Toyota Motor Corp recall pertains only to Toyota and Lexus brand vehicles from model years 2012 and 2013, sold at dealers in the United States and in the greater global community.