Phil&teds has issued an immediate recall for 265 infant car seat stroller adaptors due to reports of the adaptors cracking and breaking when stored in cold temperatures.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is advising consumers to stop using and return the phil&teds Travel System 26 infant car seat adaptors for strollers because the adaptors, which are used to connect an infant car seat to a stroller, can crack making them unstable and posing a falling hazard to infants.
INCIDENTS LINKED TO CAR SEAT ADAPTORS FOR STROLLERS
- 2 reports of adaptors cracking and breaking when stored in freezing weather conditions.
- No reported injuries.
PHIL&TEDS RECALL INFORMATION
Information below provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- 265 recalled units were sold in the US and 122 sold in Canada through baby product and specialty stores nationwide, and online at Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, Diapers.com and phil&teds.com from April 2013 through March 2014 for about $40.
- The recalled units are phil&teds Travel System 26 (TS26) adaptors used to attach infant car seats to the phil&teds stroller models: the Classic, Dot, Explorer, Hammerhead, Navigator, S3 and S4. The TS26 adaptors also are compatible with the following car seats: Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, Maxi Cosi Mico, Maxi Cosi Pebble and Cybex Anton.
- The adaptors are two pieces of black plastic that attach on the left and right side of the car seat to connect the stroller to the car seat.
- “TS26,” “philandteds,” “L” for left, “R” for right and UPC “9 420015 7 4004” are printed on the adaptors.
- Consumers should stop using the recalled adaptors and contact phil&teds for free replacement adaptors.