Del-Nat Tire Corporation is recalling nearly 500 tires due to contaminated rubber which could cause tread separation and increased risk of a crash.
Contamination Could Cause Tread Separation
Del-Nat is recalling Delta A/S Sierradial and National A/S Commando tires due to a manufacturing error. These tires may contain contaminated rubber used in the tread compound which could lead to tire separation. According to the recall release, if tire separation occurs then the vehicle is in motion, the driver could lose control and crash.
Details of the Del-Nat Tire Recall
- This recall involves De-Nat Delta A/S Sierradial and National A/S Commando tires (size 265/70R17).
- The recall began on June 27, 2012.
- Del-Nat is notifying owners and replace the tires free of charge (mounting and balancing included.)
- Owners may contact Del-Nat at 1-901-775-5002 or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236.
- Del-Nat’s recall campaign number is DN-12-0618
Contact an Experienced Auto Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective vehicles and auto parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled vehicle or defective auto part, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.