According to The Detroit News, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles LLC will recall 43,071 SUVs due to problems with their crankshaft and camshaft sensors. These problems pose a stalling risk to consumers.
The company has also announced a recall of 23 of its 2017 RAM ProMaster vehicles due to anticipated failure of the seat-mounted side air bag inflator initiators to ignite upon collision. This would greatly increase the risk of injury. No injuries have yet been reported.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles – Plan for Consumer Remedy
- The company will notify owners of the affected SUVs.
- Dealers of the SUVs will receive a free replacement of the faulty crankshaft or camshaft sensor.
- No RAM ProMasters have yet made it to customer hands.
Details about the Recalled Fiat Chrysler SUVs and RAM ProMasters
- The SUVs with crankshaft and camshaft sensor problems were manufactured between May 9, 2016 and July 15, 2016.
- The SUVs affected include Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot Vehicles.
- The RAM ProMaster vehicles with airbag problems were manufactured between October 1, 2016 and December 7, 2016.