Home Meridian has recalled about 640 Mid-Century three-drawer chests due to instability hazards.
About the Recalled Mid-Century Chests
According to the recall issued on Sept. 24, 2019, the chests are unstable when not securely anchored to a wall. Their instability poses a serious threat to children who may become trapped beneath a chest if it were to fall.
The chest also does not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-17). No injuries have been reported.
Consumers who own a Mid-Century chest that is not properly secured to a wall are cautioned to place it in an area where children cannot access it. They can also call Home Meridian to receive a free tip-over restraint kit mailed to them, a one-time free in-home installation of the tip-over restraint kit, or a prepaid shipping label to mail in the drawer slides for a full refund.
Description of the Recalled Mid-Century Chests
Information taken from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- The recall involves Mid-Century three-drawer accent chests in a brown finish (model DS-D146-002) or white finish (model DS-D146-005).
- The model number can be found on a label on the back of the recalled chests.
- The Mid-Century modern style chests have three drawers with six copper-colored drawer pulls.
- The chests measure 32-inches high, 32-inches wide, 16-inches deep and weigh about 75 pounds.
- The chests were cold at Nebraska Furniture Mart stores in Nebraska, Kansas, and Texas, and online at Wayfair.com, Amazon.com, BedBathandBeyond.com, and other online retailers from March 2017 through June 2019 for about $250.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
It is a parent’s worst nightmare to find their child injured by a seemingly safe piece of furniture. If the unthinkable occurs to your child, you need an experienced defective product lawyer to represent you and your child. At Thomas J. Henry, we will fight to get the compensation your child deserves for their injuries and to bring justice to negligence manufacturers. Our firm has represented children from across the United States who have been the victims of negligent vehicle, furniture, and toy manufacturers.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact our team of attorneys to receive a free case review. We’re available 24/7, nights and weekends.