More than 11,000 Isuzus are being recalled due to rust on the rear suspension – causing it to potentially break off of the frame.
About the Isuzu Recall
According to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), drivers of 1998-2001 Isuzu Amigos and 2001 and 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sports are at risk because of corrosion on the rear suspension. Corrosion on the rear suspension can weaken the suspension, and cause it to become detached from the frame. This problem can affect the vehicle’s handling, thereby increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedies for Recalled Isuzus
Isuzu recommends that the consumer take the vehicle into the dealer for an inspection. If there is no corrosion, then the area will be treated with an anti-corrosive compound. However, if there is corrosion that has damaged the rear suspension lower link bracket and affected its connection to the vehicle frame, a reinforcement bracket will be installed. In the rare situation that the corrosion has caused so much damage that a reinforcement bracket would be inadequate, Isuzu will offer to purchase the vehicle for the Kelley Blue Book “Private Party” price.
Description of Recalled Isuzus
- The recalled Isuzu models are the 1998-2001 Isuzu Amigo and the 2001-2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport.
- Affected area on vehicle: Rear suspension.
- NHSTA (National Traffic Highway Traffic Safety Administration) campaign ID #: 12V306000.
- Affected states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri and Kentucky.
- Note: Affected states are such because they use salt to clear their roads, and salt causes metal to rust.
Contact an Experienced Auto Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective vehicles and auto parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled vehicle or defective auto part, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.