A nationwide recall has been issued for 1.9 million MZB children’s watches. The watches have been reported to cause skin irritation.
About the Children’s Watch Recall
The watches were recalled due to the fact that the case-back of the watch can detach, causing the interior to be susceptible to water. This poses the threats of skin irritation, redness, rashes, or chemical burns, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Consumers should contact MZB immediately and keep away from children.
So far, 11 cases of skin irritation or chemical burns have been reported, and six of the cases have called for medical attention.
Description of the Recalled Watches
All information provided by the CPSC:
- The recall includes 303 variations of the “Light Up” watches, identified by the style number.
- Consumers can find the complete list of the serial numbers listed on the firm’s website: http://www.regcen.com.
- The watches were made available in pink, pink with white snowflakes, green, blue, and navy blue with flexible plastic wristbands.
- “MZB” and the identification number can be found on the case-back of the watches.
- The models were sold at Kmart, Kohl’s, Walmart, and other vendors from October 2012 through June 2015 nationwide for $5 to $20.