More than 44,000 Lively Mobile Plus Emergency Alert Devices have been recalled for a risk of call button failure.
About the Emergency Alert Device Recall
On August 30, 2019, GreatCall voluntarily recalled about 44,300 of their Lively Mobile Plus Emergency Alert Devices due to malfunction hazard. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the call button can fail to alert the company during a consumer’s emergency. No accidents or injuries have yet been reported.
Consumers can receive a full refund for the product by contacting GreatCall. All purchasers will be contacted directly by the company.
Description of the Recalled Emergency Alert Devices
Information provided by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- This recall involves Lively Mobile Plus model GCR4 emergency alert devices manufactured between January and April 2019.
- The recalled devices are silver and black and have “GreatCall” printed near the top of the front of the device.
- The model number GCR4 is printed on the back and the date code 19.01 or 19.03 is printed on the bar code label of the device.
- The device is worn on a magnetic lanyard around a consumer’s neck for fall detection or clips onto a consumer’s purse, belt, or pocket, and is used to communicate in an emergency or for other assistance.
- The devices were sold at Best Buy and Walmart stores nationwide and online at www.greatcall.com and www.amazon.com from April 2019 through May 2019 for between $25 and $50.
Contact an Experienced Product Recall Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness due to a defective or dangerous product, contact Thomas J. Henry. Over two decades of experience handling a multitude of defective product cases and extensive legal and financial resources allow us to provide our clients with truly dynamic legal representation. Thomas J. Henry has a proven track record of achieving real results for clients devastated by recalled products.
Let us help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact us today for a free case review.